Thursday, January 11, 2007

Johnny Winter and B.B. King

Here's a cool story from Johnny Winter's bio (Credit goes to Sarah Jackson here in the Communications & Marketing department for writing it up):

At a club in Beaumont in 1962, a 17-year-old Winter convinced legendary blues artist B.B. King to let him play a song for the audience. “Finally, he decided that there were enough people who wanted to hear me that, no matter if I was good or not, it would be worth it to let me on stage,” recalls Winter. “He gave me his guitar and let me play. I got a standing ovation, and he took his guitar back!”

Johnny Winter plays The Barns on Janaury 19. It's sold out but you can always check back for last minute ticket availability for any show by calling (703) 255-1868.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home